Join the BARC and receive exclusive discounts and benefits.
JOB VACANCY - JUNIOR MEDIA ASSISTANT
British Automobile Racing Club | Thruxton Circuit, Hampshire | Part-Time | Competitive Salary | Closing Date: July 27th 2018
The British Automobile Racing Club (BARC) is looking to recruit a Junior Media Assistant to join its ever-growing multimedia department.
As the premier motorsport event organisers in the UK, the BARC has a rich and long history and boasts a portfolio that includes a prestigious array of championships. In addition the BARC also manages a selection of venues such as Croft, Pembrey and Thruxton, and stages events from club level all the way up to international level.
Working alongside the current media team members, the successful candidate will be responsible for generating content and promote the BARC’s activities, championships, venues, race meetings and regional centres across all media channels, including web, print and social media.
• Creating new content for the website such as news stories, press releases, previews, race reports and championship points
• Contributing and assisting with the Club’s quarterly magazine and weekly in-season event programme
• Create event artwork for the Club and individual circuits
• Assisting with the Club’s social media presence
• Working in conjunction with the circuits marketing teams to implement digital marketing strategies
• Work on creating content for Pembrey Circuit, Croft Circuit, British Truck Racing Association Championship, British Rallycross Championship and more
• Attending events to cover on all media platforms
• Communicate with colleagues across the BARC group to identify and implement opportunities to increase exposure for all BARC interests
• Liaising with outside PR, agencies and developers
• Reporting to Chris Ashby, BARC Multimedia Communications Co-ordinator
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• Competent graphic design skills
• A passion for motorsport
• Ability to be creative with social media
• Self-motivated with the ability to use their initiative and intuition
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard
• Good technical skills using CMS systems
Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit an application letter and a copy of their CV to Mandy Curley at BARC HQ, Thruxton Circuit, Andover, Hampshire, or by email email@example.com